Another reality series inspired by The Mole is in the works and once again features some former Survivor players, as well as stars from other reality shows such as Big Brother and Naked & Afraid.
As reported by Entertainment Weekly, six Survivor castaways, including two former winners, will be taking part in the upcoming USA Network series Snake in the Grass. This new competition series will see players forced to work together while attempting to figure out the identity of a saboteur in their midst.
Get exclusive content and features by supporting Inside Survivor on Patreon.
The Survivor alumni participating are Survivor: Cook Islands winner Yul Kwon, Survivor: Fiji champion Earl Cole, multi-time players Cirie Fields, Malcolm Freberg, Stephenie LaGrossa Kendrick, and Survivor: Cagayan‘s Trish Hegarty. Also set to appear are Big Brother winner Rachel Reilly and four-time fan-favorite houseguest Janelle Pierzina.
It should be noted that despite sharing similar concepts and cast members (Cirie, Stephenie, & Rachel), this is an entirely different show from Peacock’s The Traitors, which Inside Survivor reported on last month. The Traitors, filmed in Scotland and hosted by Alan Cummings, sees 10 new faces and 10 ex-reality stars move into a castle and work together to earn money for the prize pot, while three contestants are secretly working as saboteurs. It is expected to air in 2023.
Snake in the Grass, on the other hand, was filmed in Central America and will feature a different group of players in each episode. The four players will be dropped into the jungle for 36 hours, where they must “compete in a series of grueling and mind-twisting challenges, from retrieving game pieces suspended on high wires over a 500-foot canyon to scaling the face of a cliff to solve puzzles.”
However, one of the four players is the Snake and will be trying to sabotage the others from winning those challenges. At the end of the 36 hours, the players are gathered in the Snake Pit to put forth their guesses as to the identity of the mole. If they are correct, the three of them split a $100,000 prize; if they are wrong, the Snake keeps all the money.
The show is hosted by radio star and Dancing with the Stars winner Bobby Bones and will premiere Monday, August 1, at 11 PM ET on the USA Network.
Read up on all the players, and potential Snakes, below:
- Malcolm Freberg (Survivor), Corpus Christie, TX
- Yul Kwon (Survivor), Los Altos, CA
- Earl Cole (Survivor), Kansas City, KS
- Jeff Zausch (Naked and Afraid), Pocatello, ID
- Rachel Reilly (Big Brother), Birmingham, AL
- Janelle Pierzina (Big Brother), Minneapolis, MN
- Stephenie LaGrossa Kendrick (Survivor), Dunedin, FL
- Cirie Fields (Survivor), Jersey City, NJ
- Trish Hegarty (Survivor), Boston, MA
- Lacey Jones (Naked and Afraid), Tamaroa, IL
- Alissa Musto, Tampa, FL
- Ryan Anthony, West Hollywood, CA
- Andrew Muse, Park City, UT
- Stephanie Ortiz, St. Simons Island, GA
- Sean Williams, Bronx, NY
- John Gaber, Miami, FL
- Alysia Montaño, Berkeley, CA
- Sam Ruebush, Nashville, TN
- Xavier Williams, Los Angeles, CA
- Elektra Nelson, Westchester, NY
- Wyatt Werneth, Cocoa Beach, FL
- Brandon Horton, Huntsville, AL
- Chelsea Scott, Charleston, SC
- Michael Steinbach, Columbus, OH
- Piper “Nai” Knight, San Diego, CA
- Brett Kessinger, St. Louis, MO
- Rogerlyn Taylor, Laurel, MD
- David Redmond, Atlanta, GA
- Juliet Bell, Los Angeles, CA
- Todd Duffee, Gary, IN
- Victoria Gusto, Las Vegas, NV
- Ryan McCune, West Covina, CA