Next Time On… Survivor is a blog here on Inside Survivor all about previews and predictions. And as always: this blog is 100% spoiler free speculation.
Apologies for the late blog this week! A little about me: I’m a journalism student, and none of us have had much time following last week’s events. To our non-American readers: I might be flying in your direction in the coming months.
Let’s get into it!
Part One: Last Time On… Survivor
Let’s see how I did last week.
1. My bet is on David figuring out where the new advantage is. And sure, I’ll guess the said advantage allows a player to willfully exile another player.
Grade: Not only was I wrong about the who and what, but I was even wrong about the how. At least according to the edit of the episode, no one figured out about the advantage via the clue on the treasure chest of goodies. That’s a big F for me.
2. Michelle wins the immunity challenge after an arduous battle with Ken and Jessica.
Grade: I was onto something! Gonna give myself credit for putting Jessica in the running for immunity during the challenge, but clearly, Michelle did not win it. I’ll take a D for this one.
3. The generation gap has already been obliterated. No chance that any realistic alliance or voting bloc involves members from only one of the original two tribes.
Grade: I think this was pretty much expected. Yeah, the cores of some alliances are from one original tribe, but there was no way tribal lines were going to limit people’s decisions. A!
4. I think Jay and Will are in the most trouble right now. Unless Jay makes some power moves with that idol of his, I think he’ll get eliminated with it in his pocket.
Grade: I am a little bit surprised by Michelle’s elimination, but not totally. It was bound to be someone from that Jay-Taylor-Will-Michelle grouping, but I didn’t think Michelle would be the one targeted. This is the biggest Survivor sausage party ever.
Part Two: I am not talking about Taylor…
Except for this: Taylor will be voted out next due to either a majority of the tribe getting sick of his BS or via Adam using his idol after the bi-force nee tri-force targets him using the knowledge they have of his advantage. I think the episode description verifies this:
“Two castaways with secrets about each other use them as leverage in the game, while another refuses to “drop the ball” when individual immunity is on the line.”
You know that question you got asked at sleepovers sometimes as a kid? “Would you rather be really smart but super gross looking, or really gorgeous but super stupid?” Taylor is the result of taking the second option. From now on, his name will be redacted from this blog.
Part Three: Balls
The sneak preview of the coming episode features the reward challenge, so go watch that for some insight into the teams competing for what appears to be grilled cheese and cold beverages.
Based on the press photos and description of the episode, the immunity challenge looks like it’s going to be a ball-balancing challenge where the castaways have to balance slanted beams simultaneously. Also based on the wording of the description, we can assume neither Adam nor [redacted] will win the challenge. Notice the “while another.”
Will really showed his endurance challenge skills last week, and he’s been receiving a somewhat minimal edit despite being in the middle of conflict and drama on a few occasions now. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was able to go on an immunity streak as long as the challenges require balance or endurance.
Speaking of balls: we have too many. Has there ever been such a gender disparity so quickly? (Seriously, I have no clue. Someone call in a historian.) If it’s any consolation, I don’t see Jessica, Sunday or Hannah getting targeted in the near future thanks to some of the more boisterous personalities and physically intimidating players around them.
Part Four: Wrap up!
That’s all folks! Here’s a summary of what I’m expecting to happen this week.
1. Will wins his second individual immunity challenge.
2. [redacted] and Jay use their knowledge of Adam’s reward stealer to throw him under the bus. Adam responds by telling on Taylor, but everyone already knows.
3. Adam plays his idol after receiving a majority vote at tribal council and eliminates [redacted].
[…] Let’s see how I did last week. […]