The Survivor anniversary festivities are starting early as CBS plans to air a one-hour retrospective a week before the premiere of the highly-anticipated Survivor: Winners At War.
Survivor at 40: Greatest Moments and Players, which airs at 8 pm on February 5, will celebrate the almost two-decade history of the popular reality show and will include “a sneak peek of the upcoming season,” as first reported by Entertainment Weekly.
The special also features brand new interviews with past players, including Season 40 castaways Amber & Rob Mariano, Ben Driebergen, Jeremy Collins, and Parvati Shallow, who sit down to discuss their biggest moves and favorite moments of the game.
“We had so much fun putting together 20 years of amazing moments that will remind everyone of why Survivor is so addicting to watch and so fun to play,” said host and show-runner Jeff Probst, who will present the retrospective.
According to the CBS press release, these are some of the moments which will be highlighted:
- “Parvati discusses her strategy behind the game-changing move of playing two idols in Heroes vs. Villains, and the psychology behind the historic Black Widow alliance that convinced Erik to give up his immunity necklace during Fans vs. Favorites.”
- “Rob and Amber relive falling in love during All Stars and Rob’s marriage proposal at the live finale in Madison Square Garden.”
- “Ben talks about his infamous upside-down U and winning the first final four fire-making challenge in Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers.”
- “Jeremy remembers the anxiety that came with trying to find the first idol hidden within an immunity challenge* during Second Chance.”
- “The emotional Tribal Council when Ciera Eastin was forced to vote out her mom, Laura Morett in Blood vs. Water.”
- The historic Tribal Council in Game Changers when fan-favorite Cirie Fields was voted out of the game despite not receiving a single vote.
- “Plus, life-changing moments with Christian Hubicki (David vs. Goliath), Donathan Hurley (Ghost Island), David Wright (Millennials vs. Gen X), and Cirie Fields (Panama), who all overcame personal obstacles when faced with tough situations on the island.”
*The castaway to find the first idol hidden within an immunity challenge was actually Kelley Wentworth.
Survivor: Winners At War premieres on CBS at 8 pm on February 12.