Welcome to Give Me Five! Each week, Brent Sullivan will look at the top five moments from the latest episode that could influence the rest of the season.
1. Hannah feeling like she was left out of the Michaela vote. The episode starts out showing Hannah clearly upset about not being included in the vote. This obviously had an immediate impact since she didn’t vote with Jay’s group this week and helped vote out Michelle. Is she going to be able ever to work with them again? Well, this is Survivor, and depending on the numbers, she may have to, but there is always going to be that wall in place now. First, they didn’t trust her, and now she helped get one of them out of the game.
2. Adam finding an advantage. This started out being a big thing when he first found it. Good job to Adam for having the foresight to look for something at the merge. He was either the only one to look or the only one that they showed looking. This could play a big part in Adam’s future in the game. The question here is, how do you properly steal someone else’s reward and not make them mad at you and want you gone? Adam is going to have a major decision coming up in the next few weeks. I am curious to see how it plays out.
3. Taylor stealing some of the merge food. Wow, I still cannot believe that he did that. But even more, I cannot believe that it appears he is going to get away with it. They saw him do it, he admitted to it, and he was even laughing about it. I would like to think that at some point this is going to come back to get him. This isn’t the type of behavior that people do on Survivor and then don’t become a target.
4. Adam telling Taylor about his advantage. Personal opinion time! Adam made a huge blunder here. I know what he was trying to do. Trying to get someone on your side is never a bad idea, but not everyone is going to be on your side, even if you catch them doing something. So, Adam thinks that if he catches Taylor red-handed with the food that he can get him back on his side. Not only is that not going to work since he just helped vote off his girlfriend, but then he also proceeds to tell him about his advantage. What a bad game move. What are the chances that Taylor keeps this a secret? What are the chances that somehow Adam has to explain himself to the tribe about his advantage and why he didn’t tell them earlier?
5. Will winning immunity. This one is easy and to the point. Will got wind from Jay that he was being targeted. So, the boy stepped up and won immunity! Props to him for that, he is only 18 years old, and he saved his own neck by winning the first individual immunity of the season. In the process, he threw a wrench into the plans of the other side. They had to shift their focus and vote out Michelle at that point. Will still may not be long for this game, but at least for one episode he showed up and played hard.
The merge gets an honorable mention, but since numbers 2 through 5 all happen because of the merge, it doesn’t get its own spot.
There you go. What moments from this week do you think made an impact?