Each week Inside Survivor contributor Rob Brodeur will be collecting various Survivor-related statistics and information based off the latest episode of Survivor 44.
Immunity Challenge: “Last Gasp”
- This challenge was previously used in Palau, Micronesia, Caramoan, and Survivor 43.
- This is the first time this challenge has been used in a season with a black merged tribe.
- Every previous season this challenge was used had a green merged tribe.
- In Palau, there wasn’t a merged tribe, but if there was, it would have been green.
- This challenge has also been used on international versions of Survivor, including Australian Survivor, Koh-Lanta (France), Survivor: Quebec, and Survivor: South Africa.
- Yam Yam won his first individual immunity challenge.
- The final two players at the end of the challenge are both from Puerto Rico.
- Since Heroes vs. Villains, there has been a black merged tribe every four seasons.
- Yin Yang in Heroes vs. Villains (20)
- Tikiano in One World (24)
- Solarrion in Cagayan (28)
- Dara in Kaoh Rong (32)
- Lavita in Ghost Island (36)
- Koru in Winners at War (40)
- Va Va in Survivor 44
- Danny was voted out 3-2-0*
- Carolyn played an idol for Carson, negating two votes for him.
- This is the first time an idol was played this season where the player whose votes were negated wasn’t in danger of going home if the idol wasn’t played.
- Episode 1: Brandon negated 2/3 votes.
- Episode 4: Josh negated 2/4 votes (this vote would have gone to a tie if Josh didn’t play his idol.
- Episode 8: Danny negated 6/10 votes for Frannie.
- Episode 11: Carolyn negated 2/7 votes for Carson, but Danny had the majority of votes against him with 3.
- Danny is the second player to be voted out 3-2-0 after an original 3-2-2 vote.
- The first was Jeremy Collins in Winners at War.
- Carolyn successfully voted out both players who went to the summit with her in episode 5.
- Danny is the fourth player to be eliminated in the same episode where they cast a vote for someone whose votes were negated.
- Episode 1: Maddy voted for Brandon.
- Episode 4: Sarah voted for Josh.
- Episode 8: Brandon voted for Frannie.
- Episode 11: Danny voted for Carson.
- Jaime Dugan in China is the only woman to be on a black merged tribe and be voted out on day 21.
- Survivor 44: Danny Massa.
- Winners at War: Wendell Holland.
- Redemption Island: Matt Elrod.
- Panama: Austin Carty.
- Pearl Islands: Andrew Savage.
- Heidi has received at least two votes at the last three tribal councils.
- With Danny being voted out, none of the remaining players have a perfect voting record.
- Carson is the first player that Danny voted for who didn’t go home.
- The voting music when Carolyn was taking a long time to vote was the same music that was used in episode 2 of Millennials vs. Gen X when Hannah took a long time to vote.
- The oldest woman of the season (Heidi) and the youngest man of the season (Carson) both received votes in this episode.
- Carson received his first votes in this episode.
- Heidi is the last player remaining from the original Soka tribe.
- Lauren is now the only player left that hasn’t received any votes against her.
- The final 6 consists of exactly two members from each swapped tribe.
- Ratu: Carson & Lauren.
- Soka: Heidi & Jaime.
- Tika: Carolyn & Yam Yam.
- Tika is the only tribe where both of the members left are original members, as Jaime was originally on Ratu and Carson was originally on Tika.
- Carolyn is the only player left who found the birdcage idol, as Brandon and Danny have been voted out.
- Carolyn had the most confessionals this episode with 7.
- Lauren had the lowest number of confessionals in this episode with 1.
- Yam Yam has the most confessionals this season with 58.
- Lauren has the lowest number of confessionals of the remaining players, with 22.
- Matt, Frannie, and Danny were voted out in the episode where their confessional count hit 30+.
- Matt was voted out in an episode where he had 8 confessionals, going from 22 to 30 confessionals.
- Frannie was voted out in an episode where she had 7 confessionals, going from 24 to 31 confessionals.
- Danny was voted out in an episode where he had 6 confessionals, going from 29 to 35 confessionals.
- The eleventh episode received 4.777 million viewers and 0.67 in the Adults 18-49 demo.
- The episode title “I’m Not Worthy” was said by Carolyn in a joking manner after finding a lobster shell on the beach.
- This week’s episode aired on the following player’s birthday:
- Bobby Jon Drinkard- Palau & Guatemala
- Mick Trimming- Samoa
- Elyse Umemoto- South Pacific
- Andrea Boehlke- Redemption Island, Caramoan, & Game Changers
- RC St Amour- Philippines
- Romeo Escobar- Survivor 42
- This is the highest number of Survivor players to share a birthday, with six players being born on May 10th.