Welcome to Give Me Five! Each week, Brent Sullivan will look at the top five moments from the latest episode that could impact the rest of the season.
This is the last episode left to pick out some impactful moments, this is also always the hardest one since there is only 3 days left in the game and one more episode:
1. Ben looks for an idol… the whole episode. I had to start with this since this took up so much of the episode. We got to see so many scenes of Ben searching for an idol or an idol clue. When he wasn’t searching for it, he was talking about searching for it. That was even the biggest reason that he was upset about losing the reward challenge. He wanted to go on the reward to look for a clue. After what happened at the last tribal council, he had every reason to be looking. It was obvious that everyone was gunning for him next. The crazy part was everyone kept letting him go off by himself and they were sure that he wasn’t going to find one. Well, given enough time, he finds the clue that told him it was under the shelter. We don’t actually see him find it, but I think that it was fairly obvious that he did. So, it was no surprise when he pulled it out at tribal. Now the other four have to know how big of a threat he is and how good he is at finding idols, maybe they won’t let him go off by himself anymore. We will see next week.
2. A new final three pact is made. Chrissy and Devon win the reward challenge and pick Ryan to go with them to an overnight private resort. While they are there, they discuss a new final three alliance between the three of them and aim to vote off Ben first. We all saw how that turned out, but the three of them did end up voting together, with Devon even flipping on Ashley. This may be the best course of action for Devon if he can sit at the end with both Ryan and Chrissy. I think that either Mike or Ben can beat him at the end. Now, with that being said, how many alliances have stayed together this season for more than a vote or two?
3. Ryan gets a free reward. If you wonder why I decided to choose this moment, it’s for two reasons. First of all, it shows that even at this point in the game, Ryan still seems to be very strong socially. Strong enough that he gets chosen for a reward. This is a good thing for him since it looks like he hasn’t been in charge for the last couple of votes, yet people still want him around and want to form final three alliances with him. The other reason why I bring this up is because of the way that Mike was talking about him after they left for their reward. He was really tearing into why Ryan shouldn’t have been picked and that he didn’t deserve it. I can easily see Mike making the same argument against Ryan in the final tribal council. If that happens, I guess this is more foreshadowing than impactful though.
4. Chrissy updates her resume. I keep hearing and reading about how a lot of people don’t like Chrissy and that she wouldn’t have a shot at the end, but the more I watch her game, the more she is doing to impress me. She wins her second immunity challenge of the season, which ties her with Ashley for the most. Then, she is the one that wanted Ashley out of the game, and she got her way on that. It seems like she has gotten her way on a lot of votes this season. I know that there might be a lot of bitter jury members sitting across from her, but I hope that a lot of the gamers will respect the game that she has played and appreciate that she has made the moves and won the challenges needed to get to the end… if she gets to the end.
5. Ben plays another idol. This seems to be a recurring thing to bring up, but since Ben both found and played another idol, there are currently zero idols and advantages in the game. I know that there is only one episode left, but that is going to cover three days. A lot can happen in three days, including another idol being hidden, found, and played. At the rate at which idols, clues, and advantages are being played, there is a good chance that we may see more, but once again, for the time being, we will start the finale with a clean slate.
There you go. What moments from this week’s episode do you think made an impact?