Welcome to Give Me Five! Each week, Brent Sullivan will look at the top five moments from the latest episode that could influence the rest of the season.
1. The way Adam handled Taylor after voting out Figgy. I am not sure if there was a worse way for Adam to talk to Taylor right after he had a hand in voting out his girlfriend. He kept adding to it, and I kept expecting him to come back with a “But, now we…” or something. Nope, he just kept right on adding to how much he screwed him over. I think it was safe to say that Taylor was going to struggle to work with Adam in the future, but Adam may have just stoked that fire a little bit more. I enjoy Adam and like watching him play, but that was a bit of a head scratcher as to what he was trying to do here.
2. David reveals his idol to Zeke. Was this a smart move by David? Only time will tell, but the short-term impact is that he may have a pretty good ally in Zeke now and they may be able to work together come merge time. Long-term implications may just cost David. At some point when the numbers dwindle down, and he still hasn’t played it, Zeke now has the information to help get him out. They could blindside him with an idol in his pocket. His paranoia seems to be settling down a little bit, so he may just hold onto this one a bit longer. Either way, I am eager to see how this turns out.
3. Michelle’s post-meal reaction at the reward challenge. That scene really showed that she felt on the bottom of the tribe. Any thoughts on working with the guys (as slim as it was) post-merge is most likely gone now. She was probably going to jump back over to Jay and Taylor anyway, but this scene solidified that notion.
4. Michaela’s challenge prowess. I think that this is the obvious one for this episode. It clearly made an impact since she was voted out this week. Not only was she able to bring her tribe back multiple times, but she showed them that she was also very smart and savvy when it comes to gameplay and the numbers. Her alliance got scared at how good she was which led to…
5. The Michaela vote out. This was a huge move by Jay and Will. Was it the right move? We will have to see how far both of these guys make it, but on the surface, it seems like they jumped the gun on this one. They had a super loyal ally who had no connections on the other side and someone that can help them win rewards and immunities. This is going to have a huge impact since we saw that the merge is coming up. The Millennials seem to be no more, and without Michaela, Jay’s group isn’t big enough to make any waves. It could have been Jay, Will, Taylor, Michelle, Michaela, and Hannah as a strong six going in, but not only did they lose Michaela in the vote, but it would appear that they also lost Hannah in the process. How will things shake up in the merge episode? I am excited to find out!
One more note on the Michaela vote out. Kudos to the people that mentioned Survivor: Kaoh Rong’s Alecia in the comments of my episode five Give Me Five…who knew that the two were on the same path? I guess that is what makes this game so great; it is so unpredictable.
There you go. What moments from this week do you think made an impact?