Welcome to Give Me Five! Each week, Brent Sullivan will look at the top five moments from the latest episode that could influence the rest of the season.
1. Another tribe swap. This ended up good for some, like Troyzan who lucked out by never having to go to Tribal with Tavua even though he was the odd man out. But, it also worked out bad for those like Sandra and Varner who went from running their tribe to being on the bottom, and we know how that ended up. We will likely get two more tribals with this current setup, and you have to wonder what the outcome will be. Will Brad, Sierra, and Troyzan work together and pull in someone else? Will Debbie make an impact when she returns? Will Cirie ever go to Tribal Council this season?
2. Exile Island makes a return. Another surprising twist for this season, but with another twist even on top of that. Exile ended up being a huge advantage as opposed to being stranded on a beach somewhere starving. Debbie draws the short straw here (or long straw maybe?) and gets sent to a fully loaded and stocked boat. She gets a visit from Cochran, and he even presents to her a choice of game advantage, where she chooses the extra vote. Will Debbie be able to use all of this to her advantage? Will she use the extra vote and will she use it correctly? The extra vote has yet to be used effectively in Survivor, so I guess we will see on that one. The other thing to mention here is will Debbie keep the secret of Exile or will she slip up and tell how great it was?
3. Tai finds another idol…and another. So, Tai finds the idol from the clue he got in the last episode, then after the swap, he had an idea that one may be hidden in the same spot on the new tribe. Of course, he was right, and now he has two and his third overall this season. At this point, they are just falling out of the sky for him. Personally, I am surprised that he didn’t play at least one at tribal as paranoid as he appeared to be. Either way, he survived the vote and now he has two more idols that will surely come into play at some point this season. Knowing Tai, he will most likely play one on someone else at some point.
4. But he still can’t play. If there is anyone out there other than Sandra who needs an idol, it would be Tai. The guy keeps opening up his mouth when he shouldn’t. Slipping and telling plans, saying things at tribal council that he shouldn’t say, and just not being very good at playing the strategic part of Survivor. I know that they all stuck together in this vote against Sandra, but how long are they going to be able to trust him and vote with him if he keeps running his mouth? Even with two idols, his days may be numbered.
5. The Queen is gone. Finally, after winning two seasons and making it this far a third time, Sandra is voted out. It was such a surreal moment to see her get her torch snuffed, but there she goes. There is another big player voted out of Game Changers. Sandra, Tony, Malcolm, JT are all gone. There are not many big-name players left this season. Will we start seeing a shift towards the “lesser” known players or are we going to see the likes of Ozzy and Cirie go home next? No matter what, it was fun to see Sandra again this season and her going home will have to have some sort of impact on the rest of the season.
There you go. What moments from this week do you think made an impact?