Welcome to Give Me Five! Each week, Brent Sullivan will look at the top five moments from the latest episode that could influence the rest of the season.
1. Cirie and Sarah get picked for the loved ones visit. Andrea, Aubry, and Brad win the reward challenge and get to pick two other castaways to join them (along with their loved one) for a BBQ. We see that Andrea and Aubry want to bring Cirie and then they pick Sarah. The two things here that I find interesting is why does it appear that Brad doesn’t get a say in who comes along? It is possible that he just lets the girls pick because he is being the nice one or just doesn’t want that burden on his shoulders. It is also possible that the other two just don’t give him a choice. Either way, Brad doesn’t get a say, and that leads me to the other point. Why Cirie and Sarah? What better way to pull Tai over to vote with you than to invite him along. Andrea and Cirie are voting together anyway, so the smart move is to keep Cirie back at camp to watch over the others. It worked out in their favor this episode, but how long can this current tribe division stand?
2. Tai and Michaela bond. While five of them get to have a reward with family, Sierra, Troyzan, Michaela, and Tai are left back at camp. We see Michaela and Tai form a bond and suddenly those two are the swing votes. A lot of times on reward challenges, fake bonds form because the people left behind are angry and bitter, but nothing ever comes out of it. This time not only do they stick together, but the person they want to go home will go home. The obvious question here is – how long will they be able to work together?
3. Andrea’s name comes up again. Another tribal council happened, and Andrea’s name came up again as a potential vote off. There are plenty of reasons why. She is fantastic in the challenges, she has won two immunities and has been on the winning end of multiple rewards as well. Her social game is really strong this season. She has been making bonds with people, and people seem to get along with her (other than Zeke). Finally, her strategic game has been top notch. That vote out of Zeke she pulled together was great. So, there are plenty of reasons to get her out. The thing that surprises me more about this is that Cirie has had no one gunning for her yet. In a season of all-stars, where everyone should know everything about everyone, I am shocked. Maybe Cirie is doing that good of a job of keeping Andrea out in front of her. If Andrea’s time eventually comes, what does that mean for Cirie?
4. Brad and Troyzan are the last two in their alliance. Now that Sierra is gone, Brad and Troyzan seem to be on an island all by themselves. Troyzan still has his idol to play, but other than that, these two don’t have a lot going for them. I have a feeling that they are both safe next week and that they will be around for another vote or Troyzan successfully plays his idol, and that is what knocks Andrea or Cirie out of the game. We don’t have a lot of time left; we will find out soon.
5. Sarah now has the Legacy Advantage. Can we just say that Sierra got herself voted out of the game? As soon as she told Sarah about the Legacy Advantage she had to know that it was a big mistake. But Sarah played her the whole way through. From telling her that she was her “IT girl in a real way” to the shocked look on her face when Sierra was voted out. Sarah played it up, and Sierra fell for it every step of the way. I really thought that Sierra played a way better game this time out, and I hated to see her go out this way, but kudos to Sarah for that and now she has her Vote Steal and the Legacy Advantage.
There you go. What moments from this week do you think made an impact?