Welcome to Give Me Five! Each week, Brent Sullivan will look at the top five impactful moments from the latest episode that could influence the rest of the season.
Well, this season is almost over. It has been great from the start and will live on as not only one of the best in recent years but one of the best of all time. This fantastic cast delivered from week to week and kept every episode exciting and unpredictable. Christian goes home as the final boot before the three-hour finale, lots of us are sad to see him go, others maybe not so much, but he was definitely fun to watch and was built for playing Survivor. So, as we sit waiting patiently on the finale, let’s take one more look at some moments that might impact the final six castaways.
1. A fake and a find. It was sort of confusing, but fun to watch as Nick had a great idea to make a fake idol. He hid it around the raft, then immediately took his group down to the raft. I thought that he wanted someone else to find it, but he then made the questionable move to “find” it himself. I see where he was coming from here. He thought that no one would look for the idol if they thought it was already found. However, that obviously didn’t work as Davie saw right through his plan. Having someone else find it would have given him the same desired results, but looked less suspicious. A move like that at this point in the game can backfire and cause you to get voted out. The other side of this is that Davie successfully sniffed out the fake and went out and found the real one… in the form of a clue that led to an actual idol and a game that he didn’t play to extend the life. More on this move on number 5 below, but Davie has been consistently proving himself to be an extremely sharp player and a definite threat to win it all.
2. Angelina pleads her case. I bring this up to two reasons. The first is just to say the same thing that we have all been saying all season long…Angelina is Survivor gold! She has been absolutely great to watch this season and has brought so much to the show. However, having said that, I think that she has the worst chance of winning between everyone that is left. The little (or not so little) things that she does have been annoying the other castaways and this was more evidence of that very thing. She has mentioned the rice so many times there is no reason for her to try and use it again here. She obviously felt different, and that is good for us, but ultimately, I think it will be just another reason why she will be in the final three with no winning votes cast for her.
3. The Nick and Davie duel. As the last two Davids left in the game, you would think that these two could help each other out and try to even up the numbers again, but at one point in this episode, both guys were gunning for each other. Davie thought that Nick had two idols and that he needed to get him out now and Nick was upset after Mike talked to him and wanted to go for Davie. They both dodged a big one here as Christian finally took the fall, but they both have a huge hill to climb if either one of them wants a shot at the end. I think that either one of them could win if they make it to Final Tribal, but they may need each other as well to get to that point. Let’s see what they do for the next vote.
4. Mike has the power. Mike was able to do something that no one else this season has been able to do. He got Christian voted out. Christian was arguably the most threating person to win the season if he was sitting at the end. It wouldn’t have mattered who he was against either. Up to that point, everyone left had tried to vote him out at least once. Mike was the only one who was successful enough to get all of the votes gathered at the right time to make it happen. Now the question here is, if Mike is sitting at the final three, can he use this as a resume item to boost his shot at winning? He would have a tough road no matter who he sits against, even if one of them is Angelina. His past success and money may be too big of an obstacle for him to win another million dollars, but moves like this should certainly help.
5. More idol play. Once again idols are played at tribal council. Davie played his idol because he had to, but I wonder whether or not he would have played it anyway since two votes came his way, but regardless, his is gone. Then Nick played his fake one… then his real one after trying to read the faces of the remaining castaways. He wasted it, and now there are no more idols left in the game, at least not in anyone’s possession. Like I said last week, they will most likely hide a new one, and someone is likely to find it. Both Nick and Davie have found idols in the past and know how to look for them, so that may give them an advantage, but you never know who may find one. Let’s hope that someone finds it and we get some more fireworks at the final two tribals before the fire making challenge.
There you go. What moments from this week’s penultimate episode do you think made an impact?